Husky Volunteers is a new initiative to encourage and recognize students’ volunteer service in our community. Students are matched, supported and recognized for their service through the CSL. All students receive an orientation to service training, they are provided with a service consultation to locate possible service opportunities and their hours are verified through the center as well.
Log your service hours as a Husky Volunteer! Any UW Tacoma student can register their hours as a Husky Volunteer. Registering your hours through the Center for Service and Leadership will recognize you upon graduation with a service medallion (Silver: 100-200hrs. ; Purple: 200-300hrs. ; Gold: 300+.) Additionally, Husky Volunteers will receive resume consultations regarding how to incorporate their service work. Lastly, a Husky Volunteer Social will be hosted every quarter to celebrate students' work, network and connect with fellow students.
STEPS TO YOUR SERVICE MEDALLION
1. Attend an Orientation to Service (events here) or make an appointment
- Appontments @ 253-692 4901
2. Identify a volunteer organization in our community:
- Let Paul or Katrina help you find a service site
- OR Identify your own service organization on or off campus