All data is based on Autumn 2018 enrollment.
5,375 total headcount
- 347 Faculty headcount
- 16:1 Faculty-student ratio
Top high schools for entering first-year students
- Mt. Tahoma High School
- Todd Beamer High School
- Thomas Jefferson High School
- Kentwood High School
- Mountainview High School
Top transfer institutions
- Tacoma Community College
- Pierce College
- Green River College
- Highline College
- South Puget Sound College
- 53% Female
- 47% Male
- 42% Caucasian
- 21% Asian American
- 14% Hispanic/Latino
- 12% African American
- 5% International students
- 2% Hawaiian/Pacific Islander
- 2% American Indian
- 2% Not indicated
- 93% in-state residents
- 82% of students attend full time
- 56% students whose parents do not have college degrees
- 73% of students receive financial aid
- 50% of students eligible for Pell grants
- 10% of student receive veterans benefits (18% of students are military-affiliated)
- The University of Washington Tacoma is accredited as a unit of the University of Washington by the Northwest Association of Schools and Colleges.
- UW Tacoma awarded $50.1 million in financial aid in the 2017-18 academic year.
- UW Tacoma is designated a "veteran-supportive campus" by the Washington State Department of Veterans Affairs.
- The campus consists of 22 buildings on 46 acres with a total of 1,001,112 square feet of active campus space.
- UW Tacoma offers on-campus housing at the Court 17 Apartments where 298 students currently live.
- 50 retail stores, restaurants and office tenants lease almost 120,000 square feet of campus commercial space, generating more than $17 million in annual revenue.
Degrees and majors
See the current list of undergraduate and graduate degrees available at UW Tacoma