As an urban-serving university, UW Tacoma faculty contribute to the vibrancy of the South Sound and beyond through their diverse research, scholarship, and creative activities. While individual faculty member’s scholarship follow distinct trajectories throughout their career, all share the core common value of actively engaging in one’s intellectual community and contributing to addressing challenging problems of our time and place.
Supporting Success in Research and Scholarship
The UW Tacoma is committed to achieving the key 2016 Strategic Plan priority to “expand and support a range of research, scholarship, and creative activity.”
The Office of Research leads this work alongside campus and community partners to:
- Raise the profile of research, scholarship, and creative activities across campus and in the community;
- Support UW Tacoma faculty in nurturing individual and collaborative research agendas;
- Assist faculty in pursuing sponsored research funding;
- Promote professional development among faculty in all aspects of their scholarship and teaching;
- Support student research experiences;
- Facilitate partnerships between faculty members and outside groups in the pursuit of publicly-engaged and mutually-beneficial scholarship.
Resources for Conducting Scholarship and Research at UW Tacoma
Under the leadership of Associate Vice Chancellor for Research and staffed with an experienced team, the Office of Research leverages the infrastructure available through UW Seattle to serve as a resource for Tacoma faculty as they pursue their research and scholarship programs. Learn more about conducting research at UW Tacoma and the support provided by the Office of Research here.
Key Research Links:
- Conducting Research at UW Tacoma
- Finding Funding
- Grants Resource Center
- MyResearch Lifecycle (UW’s comprehensive research infrastructure)
- Tools and Resources for research compliance and award management
Current Research at UW Tacoma
The Office of Research regularly holds events celebrating the diverse and impressive scholarship being undertaken by UW Tacoma faculty. Videos of recent faculty talks are posted here.