Requirements and checklist
Apply now! The international transfer application is available online. Upcoming priority deadlines are listed below:
- AUTUMN QUARTER 2013: Applications are still being accepted on a space-available basis. The priority deadline was March 15th, 2013.
- WINTER QUARTER 2014: October 14th, 2013
UW Tacoma accepts transfer applications for autumn, winter and spring quarter admission. See Important Dates for the application priority deadlines.
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. Once your application is complete (including transcripts and any other required material), then an application decision is usually given within 8 weeks. Please contact email@example.com with any questions.
International transfer application checklist
- Complete admissions application, including personal statement
- Original transcripts
- Proof of English proficiency
- $75 international application fee (paid when you submit your application)
- If you have attended a Washington state community or technical college, please have the transcripts sent electronically by the college (the electronic transcript code for UW Tacoma is 412).
- Send all official paper transcripts to:
University of Washington Tacoma
Office of Admissions
Campus Box 358400
1900 Commerce Street
Tacoma, WA 98402-3100
- If you have also attended a college, university or post-secondary school outside of the U.S. we will need official transcripts from that school, along with a translation if the transcript is not in English, and a course-by-course evaluation from AACRAO or a NACES approved educational credentialing service such as WES or FIS.
Once you are admitted, you will also need to provide proof of financial resources in order to qualify for your I-20 for F-1 student visa status.