Who is this Certificate for?
Today’s organizations, big and small, public and private, are being required to take responsibility for their impacts on the environment and on the social fabric of the communities in which they operate.
This course will give professionals the practical skills that will help them make a positive impact in any organization from a cost savings, risk reduction, and brand value perspective. Open to professionals from any industry, this 10-week Certificate is designed to rapidly enhance your understanding and skill set to be a more effective CSR/Sustainability professional.
Gain the cutting-edge skills that employers are seeking and that will differentiate you in as an employee!
This course is taught by Kevin Wilhelm, MBA Adjunct Faculty, Milgard School of Business and CEO, Sustainable Business Consulting.
Kevin is one of the world’s pre-eminent business consultants and teachers in the field of sustainable business. He brings over 20 years of experience having worked with over 115 clients across 37 industries, from Fortune 500s to small businesses and non-profits.
Program topics include:
The Financial Case
- Sustainable Finance & SRI
- Triple Bottom Line Accounting
- Making the Business Case
- The Language of Business
Strategy & Implementation
- Strategy for Sustainable Business
- Change Management around Sustainability
- Vision & Goal Setting
- Business & Climate Resiliency
Career Short Course
- How to Get a Job in Sustainability
- Advanced Networking
- Defining and Communicating Your Personal Brand
- Promoting Your Professional Online Presence
Managing & Measuring
- Environmental and Social Sustainability Issues
- Managing for Sustainability
- Sustainable Operations
- Conducting a GHG Inventory
Communicating & Engagement
- Marketing for Sustainability
- External Reporting
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Employee Engagement
Making It Happen
- Running a Green Team
- Case Studies of Sustainability Implementation
- Governance, Compensation, and Evaluation
- Sustainability Policies (procurement, travel, etc.)
10-week Course delivered on-line through the Canvas course delivery tools with 2 opportunities to meet (in-person or virtually) as a learning community.
60 hours of course instruction (5-6 hours per week) through video lectures, readings, weekly content quizzes, weekly assignments, and on-line discussions.
The Certificate in Sustainable Business will run from September 11th through November 17th.
The 10-week program, which includes all instructional materials and on-line access, costs $3,750
For More Information
For more information contact: Joe Lawless, Executive Director Center for Leadership & Social Responsibility Milgard School of Business email@example.com 253-692-5685