The University of Washington Tacoma Community Engagement Award was created in 2013. Given annually, the award recognizes the important and innovative community-engaged and community-based work by faculty at the University of Washington Tacoma. Such work is based on an ethic of mutual benefit in which both the community partner and/or public and the university, its faculty, and/or its students benefit in ways not possible without the partnership. This work may be short or long term and may be with a single or multiple partners, and should have been active in 2010 or later. It may be focused on teaching and learning, research, policy, citizenship building, creative work, or community experimentation.
The Community Engagement Award recipient(s) will receive $1,000 to be used for professional development. Up to three award recipients will be selected to receive the award.
- Dr. Robin Evans-Agnew, Assistant Professor, Nursing & Healthcare Leadership
- Dr. Charles Emlet, Professor, Social Work & Criminal Justice
- Dr. Jim Gawel, Associate Professor, School of Interdisciplinary Arts & Sciences
- Dr. Marcy Stein, Professor, Education; Dr. Diane Kinder, Professor, Education; Kathy Zapp, Field Supervisor, Education, 2015
- Michael Kula, Assistant Professor, School of Interdisciplinary Arts & Sciences, 2015
- Jill Purdy, Associate Professor, Milgard School of Business, 2014
- Joe Lawless, Executive Director, Center for Leadership & Social Responsibility, Milgard School of Business, 2014
- Michelle Garner, Assistant Professor, Social Work, 2013
- Linda Ishem, Assistant Professor, Urban Studies, 2013
- Janet Primomo, Associate Professor, Nursing, 2013