How do I advertise a volunteer opportunity on campus?
The Center for Service and Leadership can advertise your volunteer opportunities, jobs or internships relate to nonprofit and community engaged work in the following ways:
- Post your volunteer opportunity/internship/job on our webpage
- Circulate your volutneer opportunities over our student listserve/newsletter
- Post your flyers on campus in a physical format
Submit An Advertisement Today!
To submit an advertisement E-mail Paul Prociv with the following information:
- The name of the volunteer coordinator & their contact information for further questions
- The name of your organization
- When the volunteer opportunity should be removed
- Whether you would like the opportunity highlighted on the web and/or via our listserve
- The web address of your organization
- A PDF of your volunteer opportunity description (with contact information)
How do go I about exploring program partnerships in an official capacity with UW Tacoma?
The Center for Service and Leadership is where student lead initiatives are created and supported by the university, so depending on your vision for partnership you may be seeking to connect with different areas of campus:
- Student Volunteer Service Programs (see CSL programs below)
- Contact: Civic Engagement Specialist- Paul Prociv
- Academic or Administrative Inquiries:
- Contact: Assistant to the Chancellor for Community Engagement- Linda Ishem
What programs can I partner with in the CSL?
- Alternative Breakaway: your organization could gain the support of 8-15 college volunteers in this week long service emmersion trip. Designed by a student breakaway coordinator and your organization to help give students perspective on a social issue, while providing valueable service to the community and your organization. For more infomration please contact our Student Breakaway Coordinator at email@example.com
- Day of Caring: Be a host volunteer site for our campus wide day of service. Recieve volutneer service from 10-30 college students for a one day project and exposure of your organization to over 100+ students and faculty. The event is usually heald mid October and service work conducted from 9-3pm. For more information please contact: Civic Engagement Specialist- Paul Prociv
- Service Coalition Service Site: If you need volunteers for one-time projects consider contacting a small service coalition of students looking to learn more about our community and give back a couple times a month year round. For more information please contact our Local Student Events Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
BENIFITS OF ENGAGING
- Passionate and innovative students: "We believe community members and students working together have a unique power to expand the boundaries of knowledge and discovery that create positive personal and social change"
- Sharing of knowledge and perspective: students, faculty and staff are connected to content areas of research and discovery and are often eager to share and learn from pratitioners.
- Building Community: we truely are better together and new efforts to grow with community are being embraced across campus.