Effective June 26, 2017 Pathway 2 will be eliminated, and Pathways 1 and 3 will be restructured. A complete state-approved endorsement program (formerly Pathway 3) or National Board Certification will be required to add any of the following to a Residency, Professional, or Continuing teaching certificate:
- Early Childhood Education
- Elementary Education
- Bilingual Education
- English Language Learners
- Special Education
- Early Childhood Special Education
All other endorsements may be added by what was previously known Pathway 1 - successful passage of a content knowledge test (WEST-E/NES). No endorsement additions will require a pedagogy assessment.
Must be a Washington State Certified Teacher
- Contact Megan Bentley-Moon at firstname.lastname@example.org for information regarding admission criteria.
- Complete required courses in your new endorsement area (subject to transcript evaluation). For deadlines, admissions and how to apply please visit the Master of Education for Practicing Educators website.
English Language Learners
- Pass the Washington Educator Skills Test - Endorsement (WEST-E) / National Evaluation Series (NES) test.
- Complete the Request for Pathway 3 Endorsement form and mail as directed on application. Be sure to include appropriate fee and all supporting documents.