- Undocu Ally Training & Education Program
- DACA Healthcare Information
- Immigrant and refugee fears around healthcare
- Options After DACA workshops
- DACA Renewal Scholarships
Message of Support to Undocumented Students at UW Tacoma
Like many of you, we in the Office for Equity and Inclusion and Office of the Vice Chancellor for Student & Enrollment Services were stunned by the recent decision to phase out the Deferred Action for Child Arrivals (DACA) program. Many within our community are affected and our offices join with others in supporting undocumented and DACAmented students.
Students are encouraged to continue to pursue their dreams on our campus and to feel safe and supported by our community. It is important to note that UW Tacoma is committed to providing financial aid support to our undocumented and DACA students through programs like Husky Promise; this will not change.
Our staff are available to help students find resources where they exist. Students are urged to contact our Academic Advising Center or use confidential resources available through the Student Counseling Center. Limited emergency aid is available through the Dean of Student Engagement and The Pantry.
- Academic Advising Center │ 253-692-4857 │firstname.lastname@example.org
- Student Counseling Center │ 253-692-44522 │email@example.com
- Office of Student Financial Aid │253-692-4374│firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Pantry │253-692-4776│email@example.com
Tacoma Community House is also currently providing assistance, including financial support, to students needing to renew their DACA applications. Contact them directly for an appointment at 253-383-3951. A variety of support services are also listed in the Resource section. We will communicate further updates as information becomes available.
Interim Assistant Chancellor for Equity and Inclusion
Vice Chancellor for Student and Enrollment Services