Paulsen Visiting Chair Committee
The 2017 Paulsen Lecture will be:
Black Lives Matter: A Conversation featuring Patrisse Cullors and Jamelle Bouie
The lecture will be hosted at the Pantages Theater
on Wednesday, May 3, 2017 at 7:30 p.m.
For more details please visit: www.tacoma.uw.edu/paulsen.
The purpose of this committee is to advise the Chancellor on the selection of annual speakers for the Arthur R. and Anna Mae Paulsen Endowed Lectureship in Public Affairs, as well as ensure that the speaker contributes to an intellectually vibrant campus, and engages with students. The work of the committee should support the preparation of a list of potential visiting speakers that is responsive to community interest. The committee will also advise the Chancellor on all matters related to the administration of the lecture series. It will also work with the Vice Chancellor of Advancement in various matters related to same, the selection of speakers, and their visit to campus.
Faculty appointments will be staggered in order to ensure continuity on the committee.
- Three members from the faculty, selected at large (three-year term)
- One member representing the Paulsen family (permanent)
- The Vice Chancellor for Advancement appointee (permanent)
- One member from the community (rotated, at the discretion of the chancellor)
- One member from the Associated Students of University of Washington Tacoma (one-year term)
- Committee Structure and Guidelines