UW students, faculty and staff traveling outside the U.S. should think ahead about health, safety and security.
Follow the links below to carry out the necessary steps as you plan for your trip.
- International Emergency Assistance
Emergency assistance is available to the UW employees and students overseas on University business or study abroad. To download the emergency contact card to your cellular device, text UWGlobal to 444-999.
- Insurance for UW global travelers
Coverage is available for students and employees
- Travel registry
Register so that the UW can better assist you in planning your trip abroad and in case of emergency overseas
- Travel warnings and waivers
Information about restricted countries and travel waivers
- Country information for UW Study Abroad Program Directors
We encourage you to print this information and bring it with you on your trip
- Student International Travel Policy FAQ
Find answers to your questions about the international travel policy