Global Honors Awards
The Global Scholar Award
All students admitted to the Global Honors Program are eligible for the Global Scholar Award. This is a merit award granted in recognition of Global Honors students' outstanding academic efforts and commitment to completing the Program in its entirety. The financial support is intended to encourage more UW Tacoma students to consider the challenges of the Program and avail of its many benefits.
The exact amount awarded varies each year. It may also vary depending which Global Honors pathway is pursued. Typically, students receive a one-time payment of $750 in Autumn of their first year with the Program. Alternative arrangements may be made for students joining Global Honors in Winter or as other circumstances require.
Initially, it is necessary for students to be formally admitted to the Program, enrolled in their first Global Honors course, and to indicate they are willing to uphold the student expectations of the Global Honors Program in order to receive the Global Scholar Award. International students enrolled in Global Honors are also eligible for this merit scholarship.
Students interested in eligibility should contact the Global Honors Program Office in CP 311C or via email@example.com.
The Bamford Fellowship in Global Engagement
The Bamford Fellowship in Global Engagement includes an award of up to $2000 for Global Honors students' research activities, including travel and study abroad. It is intended to:
- Provide a guided research experience for Global Honors students
- Enhance undergraduate research in global issues
- Promote global engagement, citizenship, and leadership
- Enhance relevance between academic research and community service
Full details may be found here.
Global Honors Core Course Paper Competition
Newly available in 2014-15, the Global Honors core course paper competition is generously funded by the Bamford Foundation. Each quarter (excluding summer), Global Honors instructors nominate a total of six papers submitted by students enrolled in Global Honors core courses (T GH 301, 302 or 303). Of these, two are selected by a sub-committee of the Global Honors Council to receive a $500 award. Full details may be found here.
UWT Office of Student Fellowships & Awards
The Office of Student Fellowships & Awards supports UW Tacoma students in their applications for competitive institutional, national, and international fellowships. In collaboration with campus partners, the Office raises awareness of fellowship opportunities, helps students develop the skills and personal insights necessary to pursue scholarships, and provides assistance throughout the application process. Visit the Office's website for more information and a searchable fellowships database.
General UW Scholarships
- UW Tacoma General Scholarships
- Library Research Award for Undergraduates
- Mary Gates Research Scholarship for Undergraduate Research
- UW Office of Merit Scholarships, Fellowships and Awards
Other General Scholarships
- National Collegiate Honors Council (NCHC) Scholarship Directory
- Pickering Foreign Affairs Fellowship
- Washington Scholarship Coalition
UW Study Abroad Scholarship Opportunities
- Bonderman Travel Fellowships (Global Honors students are among the few UW students eligible for this unique fellowship. Applications are due in February)
- UW Tacoma International Programs Scholarship
- Go! Global
- UW Global Affairs International Education Support