The goals of the Bachelor of Arts in Healthcare Leadership are to prepare graduates who are able to:
- Use multiple communication strategies that enhance positive human relationships considering both healthcare clients/customers and workforce personnel
- Demonstrate the ability to integrate both theoretical and experiential knowledge relevant to leadership in the healthcare environment.
- Integrate ethical behaviors into healthcare leadership practice.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the healthcare environment that includes synthesis of the cost, access, and quality challenges and the ability to generate solutions to these challenges.
- Demonstrate basic budgeting, outcomes measurement, and information management.
To support and document progress toward accomplishing these goals, each graduating student is required to submit a portfolio of work completed during the student's residence at UW Tacoma.