All applicants are required to complete these prerequisites before being accepted to the Electrical Engineering program. For transfer students, please use the UW Equivalency Guide to determine how your courses will transfer.
To qualify for admission to the Electrical Engineering program, applicants must meet the following standards:
- Must be admitted to the University of Washington Tacoma.
- Calculus I (TMATH 124), Calculus II (TMATH 125), Calculus III (TMATH 126)
- Differential Equations (TMATH 307)
- Matrix/Linear Algebra (TMATH 308)
- Physics I (TESC 121), Physics II (TESC 122), Physics III (TESC 123 - must be lab-based)*
- Introduction to Programming (TCES 201 or TCSS 142)**
- Advanced Computer Programming (TCES 202 or TCSS 143)**
- Electrical Circuits (TCES 215 - must have AC/DC)
*If Physics I, II, and III are completed and 18 credits are not achieved, the remaining credits may be satisfied by any lab-based science course.
Required cumulative GPA of at least 2.5 in all required prerequisite coursework.
Students transferring from a community college to this program are strongly encouraged to follow the Associate of Science Transfer Track 2.
Prospective students can find information on admission to UW Tacoma by visiting the UW Tacoma Admissions site.
All applicants must complete the Electrical Engineering program application. This includes current UW Tacoma students and transfer students.
You are encouraged to schedule an appointment with an Institute of Technology advisor during the application process. Schedule an appointment with an advisor...
The Electrical Engineering program will begin admitting qualified students for the Fall 2017 quarter.
Applicants are evaluated on the following criteria:
- Completion of all prerequisite courses.
- Cumulative GPA in prerequisite courses. The most competitive applicants will have earned at least a 3.0 in each prerequisite course.
- Overall previous academic performance.
All applicants must have a minimum of:
- Completion a total of 45 college-level credits.
- Have a cumulative GPA of at least 2.0 in all college coursework.
- Have a cumulative GPA in all required prerequisite courses of at least 2.5.
Students with previous baccalaureate degrees or extensive work experience should meet with an advisor to discuss options.
If you do not meet the GPA requirements, please contact an Institute Advisor.