The Information Technology program will educate students to analyze, design, integrate, and manage information systems using information technology.
The Information Technology Major admits new students once per year in the Autumn quarter only.
Admission to the major is competitive. Please review the following prerequisites and application process carefully.
All applicants are required to complete these prerequisites before being accepted to the Information Technology program. For transfer students, please use the UW Equivalency Guide to determine how your courses will transfer.
To qualify for admission to the Information Technology program, applicants must meet the following standards:
- Must be admitted to the University of Washington Tacoma - Admission to UW Tacoma
- Precalculus (TMATH 120 or Precalculus I & II at most community colleges)
- Introduction to Programming (TCSS 142)
Required cumulative GPA of at least a 2.5 in all required prerequisite coursework.
Applications are currently being accepted for Autumn 2018
Application deadline - May 15th 2018
All applicants including current UW Tacoma students must complete the Information Technology Program Application
You are encouraged to schedule an appointment with an Institute of Technology advisor
Currently, the Information Technology program admits qualified students for autumn only.
Applicants are evaluated on the following criteria:
- Completion of all prerequisite courses.
- Cumulative GPA in prerequisite courses. The most competitive applicants will have earned at least a 3.0 in each prerequisite course.
- Overall previous academic performance.
All applicants must have a minimum of:
- Completion of 45 college-level credits.
- A cumulative GPA of at least 2.0 in all college coursework.
- A GPA of at least a 2.5 in all college math, science, computer science or engineering coursework.
All qualified applicants are reviewed for admission to the Information Technology program in the order that they applied.
Students with previous baccalaureate degrees or extensive work experience should meet with an advisor to discuss options.
If you do not meet the GPA requirements, please contact an Institute Advisor