Applicants must provide evidence of the successful completion of a baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution with at least a 3.0 GPA.
All applicants must demonstrate successful completion of preparatory coursework prior to their formal application to the master's program.
All students admitted to the master's program are expected to have competency in the following areas:
- Object-Oriented Programming (equivalent to TCSS 142, TCSS 143 and TCSS 305)
- Discrete Mathematics (equivalent to TCSS 321)
- Data Structures (equivalent to TCSS 342)
- Algorithms (equivalent to TCSS 343)
- Program Management/Software Engineering (equivalent to TCSS 360)
- Computer Organization (equivalent to TCSS 371)
- Computer Architecture (equivalent to TCSS 372)
- Science (Physics preferred)
Students without a degree or significant work experience in computer science can complete the prerequisites as a post-baccalaureate student. In rare circumstances, students lacking one or two prerequisites may be admitted on a space available basis.