Majors, concentrations and minors
The IAS program offers two undergraduate degrees: The BA in Interdisciplinary Arts and Sciences (with 12 majors and 2 concentrations) or the BS in Environmental Science. If you are a BS student, you are admitted directly to your major.
You may be admitted to the IAS program and not immediately admitted to your major due to missing prerequisite courses. You should be able to declare your major within one quarter of admission depending on the number of missing prerequisites. Meet with an academic advisor to make sure the you know what you are missing and develop a plan for obtaining those credits.
Majors and concentrations allow you to focus your educational goals with your future plans for graduate school or career. Each major has specific requirements that will guide you through your undergraduate degree while providing you with flexibility to follow your interests.
Minors can be helpful in two ways: You can focus your degree by choosing a minor related to your major or you can broaden your degree by taking an unrelated but complementary minor (for example, a business student taking a computing minor). Your minor will also show up on your transcripts.
Bachelor of Arts
- American Studies (AM) major
- Arts, Media and Culture (AMC) major
- Communication (COM) major
- Environmental Studies (EST) major
- Ethnic, Gender and Labor Studies (EGL) major
- Global Studies (GLBST) concentration
- Hispanic Studies (HISP) major
- History (HIST) major
- Individually-designed concentration
- Interdisciplinary Arts and Sciences major
- Law and Policy (LAWPL) major
- Politics, Philosophy and Economics (PP&E) major
- Psychology (PSYCH) major
- Writing Studies (WRT) major
Bachelor of Science
Minors and certificates
- Asian Studies minor
- Economics minor
- Education minor
- Environmental Studies minor
- Gender Studies minor
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS) certificate
- Hispanic Studies minor
- Human Rights minor
- Law and Policy minor
- Mathematics minor
- Museum Studies minor
- Nonprofit Management minor or certificate
- Politics minor
- Public History minor
- Religious Studies minor
- Restoration Ecology minor or certificate
- Sustainability minor
Master of Arts
To request changes to this page, please contact email@example.com.