What do you have to complete in order to meet all degree requirements?
There are several categories of requirements that must be fulfilled in order for you to earn your degree:
- Admission requirements
- Intermediate Algebra
- World Language
- University requirements
- 180 credits
- 2.0 minimum cumulative GPA
- senior residency
- General Education requirements
- Composition - 1 course
- Writing - 2 courses
- Diversity - 1 course
- Quantitative & Symbolic Reasoning - 1 course
- Visual, LIterary & Performing Arts (VLPA) - 4 courses
- Individuals & Societies (I&S) - 4 courses
- Natural World (NW) - 4 courses
- Major/program requirements
- BA degree - between 60 and 100 credits
- BS degree - between 104 and 144 credits
Once each of these categories are completely satisfied, with appropriate grades, the degree will be awarded.
Note: most of the time, the requirements listed above do not equal the full 180 credits required for graduation. In that case, students will be required to complete elective courses to increase their total number of credits. Check with an advisor about electives if you have any questions.