How do I register?

Complete the registration form (use the link on the program page) and return it:

In person to: 
Carlton Center, 1551 Broadway, Tacoma, WA

Or by mail to:
KeyBank Professional Development Center 
University of Washington Tacoma
1900 Commerce Street
Tacoma, WA 98402-3100

Or fax to:
KeyBank Professional Development Center

How do I apply?

Qualified students will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis until the program reaches enrollment capacity. You must submit one copy of the application form with a $50 non-refundable application fee and application materials, which include: 

  • Your résumé listing education and applicable experience and
  • A typed (250-word maximum) letter of application describing (a) your relevant work experience and knowledge in the field, and (b) how the program will help you meet your professional goals.
  • Your college transcripts from the institution that awarded your highest or most pertinent degree. Unofficial transcripts, including photocopies, are acceptable. (Required only for Paralegal Studies.)

Can I enroll in a single course and not a whole certificate?

Some courses are open for single-course enrollment to those who do not wish to earn the certificate. Because courses may require prior knowledge and experience in the field, those interested in taking individual courses need to qualify for admission. See the details of the program for admission requirements.

When do I register?

We recommend that you register early to ensure a space in the classes of your choice. Enrollment in many classes is limited and is on a first-come, first-served basis. 

How much does it cost?

For detailed information about specific program costs, please see the program page. Fees and tuition are NOT the same for every program. All fees are subject to change. The university’s tuition exemption policy does not apply to our programs. Fees and tuition are subject to change. 

How do I pay?

Full payment is due with the registration form. You can pay with a check or money order made out to UW Tacoma, credit card or third-party provider (purchase order).

What is a CEU?

One continuing education unit (CEU) is equal to 10 contact hours of participation in an organized continuing education experience under responsible providership, capable direction and qualified instruction.

How do I find the class location?

Unless otherwise noted, all classes take place on the UW Tacoma campus. The exact location will be noted on the program page in the course description. Get directions to campus.

Will I need a textbook?

Most classes require textbooks; these are listed on the program page on the website. Textbooks ARE NOT available in the UW Bookstore and must be purchased ONLINE through a commercial vendor.  This will save you time as they will deliver to your home and money as often commercial vendors offer discounts.

Why do you need my Social Security number?

We  use your Social Security number as your identification number; however, providing this number is optional. If you wish to claim tax credit (up to $2,000 per year) for educational experiences under the Lifetime Learning Credit, you must provide your Social Security number to document that claim.

What if I have more questions? 

Give us a call at 253-692-4618, e-mail us at keypdc@uw.edu or stop by our office in the Carlton Center, 1551 Broadway Tacoma, WA. Our office is open from 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.