Learning Spaces in the LARC
Library Lab: SNO 136
The UW Tacoma Library is excited to announce a new space in the Library and Research Commons that fosters the academic success of our students. With the creation of the Library Lab (SNO 136) we are able to provide in-house library instruction to classes, allowing students to engage in active learning while discovering print and online information resources.
The Library Lab seats up to 30 students and features versatile furniture, four large screen computers, and instructor technology equipped with interactive mobile sharing software. This room and its technology was funded entirely through Library gift and operation budgets to support the Library’s instructional mission. When not in use for library instruction sessions, the Library Lab is used for drop-in group study space.
If you are interested bringing a class to the Library Lab for library instruction, contact your subject librarian or the Head of Instruction Services, Kathleen Monks (firstname.lastname@example.org). All other questions regarding the room policy can be send to the Library Director, Charles Lord (email@example.com), or the Assistant Director, Jennifer Sundheim (firstname.lastname@example.org).
SNO 136 Room Use Policy
- Priority use for this room is for library instruction, events, and trainings.
- Room equipment was funded completely through Library gift and operation budgets to support the Library’s instructional mission. It is not to be reserved by faculty and staff outside the Library.
- When not reserved, the room is open for students to use on a first come, first served basis.
- The Library offers only limited technical support for setting up and using the electronic equipment in the library instruction room, dependent on staff hours and availability.
- The person(s) using the room are responsible for:
- Returning the furniture and the room to the condition in which it was found
- Turning off all instructor equipment (i.e. the instructor’s PC and the data projector) at the end of the event
- Returning all borrowed equipment to the Circulation Desk
- Following the UW Tacoma Library Code of Conduct, http://www.tacoma.uw.edu/library/uw-tacoma-library-code-conduct