When to Apply
|SPRING 2013||FALL 2013|
Early application dates:
Early application date and Milgard Scholarship deadline:
May 1st, 2013 (all applicants)
Final application deadline: July 1st, 2013 (all applicants)
For Spring and Autumn 2013 admissions, applications accepted after priority date will be reviewed on a space-available basis. All MAcc application materials are embedded in the online UW Graduate School Application except transcripts and GMAT scores, which must be submitted separately.
How to Apply
Note: If you are not a U.S. citizen or resident immigrant, please follow the International Student process below.
- UW Graduate School Application and $75 fee. A credit card is required to pay the application fee.
- Master of Accounting Supplemental Application Materials are available online as part of the UW Graduate School application system. If you are unable to submit your application online, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Admission Essay
- Reference List Form
- MAcc Scholarship Application (optional)
Official transcipts showing all undergraduate and post-baccalaureate coursework. A bachelor's degree from an accredited institution (regardless of field or major) is required prior to enrolling in the program. As such, applicants are not required to have earned their baccalaureate degree when applying but must have earned their degree prior to enrolling in the program.
- If you are admitted, an official transcript from your degree granting institution will be required by the Graduate School in Seattle. Official transcripts must be sealed in an envelope with the school registrar's signature across the seal. DO NOT OPEN THESE ENVELOPES. Opening the envelopes will cause the transcripts to be considered unofficial, and new copies will be required.
- If you attended the University of Washington, you do not need to submit an official transcript.
4. GMAT Exam
All applicants to MAcc must submit official Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) scores. Test scores are valid for 5 years from the test date; scores more than 5 years old are not accepted. If you take the GMAT multiple times we will consider your highest score for admission purposes.
- GMAT Website: http://www.mba.com
- MAcc Program Code: ZRZ-NM-39
The GMAT requirement may be waived for applicants who have a terminal degree (J.D., M.D., Ph.D., etc.) or have passed all parts of the US CPA exam. GRE scores, if taken within the past 5 years, may be accepted in leu of the GMAT score.
5. TOEFL Test Scores (for those who are not U.S. Citizens or resident immigrants)
In addition to the application materials listed above, international applicants must also submit the following:
In addition to the transcripts listed above, international students must submit their OFFICIAL transcripts and degree statements from all institutions attended with certified translations in English to the UW Graduate School.
- English proficiency exam scores
Proficiency in English is required for graduate study at the University of Washington. Therefore, every applicant whose native language is not English must demonstrate English language proficiency. Proficiency can be demonstrated in one of the following ways:
- A bachelor's degree from a regionally-accredited institution in the United States or from an institution in Australia, the Bahamas, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, Singapore, Trinidad and Tobago, or the United Kingdom.
- Documentation verifying that the applicant's undergraduate degree is from an institution (in a country other than those listed in item a. above) where all instruction is in English.
- A minimum English language proficiency test score of:
580 TOEFL 237 TOEFLC 92 TOEFLiBT 90 MLT 7.0 IELTS
- Statement of Financial Ability
International applicants must complete the Statement of Financial Ability form as part of the UW Graduate School application. Applicants must send a copy of this form to both the UW Graduate School and the Milgard School of Business at UW Tacoma. Once you have submitted your Graduate School application online, you must log back into the online application to access the form.
- All I-20 Forms
If you are currently residing in the U.S., provide photocopies of all I-20 Certificate of Eligiblity forms with the F-1 visa stamp, or DS-2019 (Certificate of Eligibility forms) with the J-1 visa stamp or any current visa status forms issued to you. Please mail copies of these to the UW Graduate School and the Institute of Technology UW Tacoma.
|Interested in enrolling or learning more? Contact the graduate program adviser at (253) 692-4733 or email email@example.com.|