“Know where to find the information and how to use it - That's the secret of success”
In today’s very complex business world, organizations must find innovative ways to differentiate themselves from competitors by becoming more collaborative, virtual, accurate, synchronous, adaptive and agile. They need to be able to intelligently respond to market needs and changes caused by mergers, acquisitions, new regulations, rapidly changing technology, increasing competition and heightened customer expectations. Incorporating analytics with intuitive design thinking are becoming mainstream processes for companies to run smarter and more efficiently.
The Center for Business Analytics (CBA) exists to support the academic mission and philosophy of the Milgard School of Business and University of Washington, Tacoma.
The vision of CBA is:
To establish a world-class research center rooted in analytics and design thinking that enables successful innovation, and committed to excellent education, rigorous and actionable research, and strong and ongoing commitment to community, State of Washington, North West and Nation.
Our mission is to:
Foster collaborative inquiry, to conduct integrative, multi-disciplinary, transformative research and development, and to co-create and disseminate knowledge that will improve the quality of decision making and management processes for successful innovations.
We strive to provide scientific leadership and to establish the best learning environment. The relevance of our applied research will be ensured by building meaningful and strategic active value added partnerships with all stakeholders from business community, range of industries and the global academic community that help shape our agenda.
Research and education are the two primary goals of the CBA, however within those broad categories; the center focuses on a variety of activities, including:
- Research: Conduct field-based research on issues and opportunities related to innovations that are enabled by data, analytics and information management.
- Education: Provide a rigorous educational environment to help our students become leaders and innovators in information-driven organizations.
- Professional Development: Provide tools and techniques to support professional career path opportunities.
- Practice: Development and education of guidelines, processes, tools and standards.
- Community Development: Assist business community for growth and global competitiveness, and for public well-being.
- Policy: Development of knowledge that will provide input for policies.