Preparing talents for the Fourth Industrial Revolution – future jobs with the skills you need
“As a result of the fourth Industrial Revolution, 5 million jobs will be lost before 2020 as artificial intelligence, robotics, nanotechnology and other socio-economic factors replace the need for human workers. The good news is that those same technological advances will also create 2.1 million new jobs. But the manual and clerical workers who find themselves out of work are unlikely to have the required skills to compete for the new roles. Most new jobs will be in more specialized areas such as computing, mathematics, architecture and engineering.”
-The World Economic Forum’s Future of Jobs Study
Keep your day job
Fast track your career in 12 months with the work-compatible Master of Science in Business Analytics (MSBA) program from the Milgard School of Business at the University of Washington Tacoma.
Why Milgard School of Business?
Milgard's STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) MSBA will prepare you to succeed in the data-driven digital era. This interdisciplinary MSBA is designed for professionals and college students who want to sharpen their critical thinking, problem solving, creativity, data/analytical decision-making, digital technology-enablement and project and process management skills.
Be part of next-generation savvy business analysts, project managers, analytics managers, chief analytics officers, digital talents, T-shaped analytical thinkers and adaptive innovators. Students will be educated to make effective and efficient business decisions that solve existing problems or cultivate new opportunities, improving the performance of organizations.
The next cohort will start: June 2019
The Milgard School of Business MSBA degree integrates STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) perspective into business education and analysis. It is designed to build your competency in:
- Business: What are the problems and/or opportunities? Create/amend business processes, create new businesses, close existing ones and enter new markets. Necessary skills for achieving organizational impact and competitive advantages with strategic thinking, service transformation and evidence-based decision making, (e.g. communication, project management, process optimization, business ethics, privacy, organizational culture change).
- Data: What data and/or digital service could solve this problem? Core methods for acquiring, storing, handling and representing data, and how to convert that data to information, knowledge, and wisdom for desired outcomes, data modeling and databases.
- Analyze: What models and methods can I apply to solve this problem? Descriptive, predictive, prescriptive, cognitive/machine learning, visualization/storytelling, core analytical, statistical and computational techniques, regression and related statistical methods, data and text mining and cognitive analytics, and operations research methods.
- Revolutionize: How to apply these concepts to our business? Key insights that can be gained only through hands-on experience working with and implementing analytical projects in a business environment.
Industry growth & return on investment: Why should you pursue a Master of Science in Business Analytics from the Milgard School of Business at the University of Washington Tacoma? What is the job market? Is there salary information available for MSBA graduates?
We'll reach out to you:CONTACT ME / I'M INTERESTED
Early: November 15
Final: March 15
International students: January 15 (rolling admissions are on a space-available basis)
Early admission decisions may be made on a case-by-case basis
Late applications may be considered on a case-by-case basis
“Big data: The next frontier for innovation, competition, and productivity. By 2018, the United States alone could face a shortage of 1.5 million managers and analysts with the know-how to use the analysis of big data to make effective decisions.”
- McKinsey Global Institute
Ellen Hermansen - MSBA Program Advisor
Haluk Demirkan - MSBA Program Director