Thank you for your interest in developing study abroad opportunities for our students. Please contact Cindy Schaarschmidt, Director, Student Fellowships & Study Abroad, to discuss your ideas. The deadline for summer 2018 and Academic Year 2018/19 programs is October 15, 2017.
Study Abroad Priorities
As the UW Tacoma Office of Global Affairs, we prioritize academically rigorous global learning programs that provide opportunities for our students to:
- Engage meaningfully with local communities in the host country;
- Conduct faculty-guided and independent research, scholarly, or creative work;
- Study the host country’s language (where applicable);
- Deepen their understanding of cultural diversity and develop global self-awareness; and
- Reflect on learning as part of the program, both in and out of the classroom.
We are also looking for program proposals in all fields of study that:
- Include coursework at the 200-300 level;
- Combine on-campus coursework with a study abroad program (so-called hybrid programs);
- Align with the social justice mission of UW Tacoma and the UW Race & Equity initiative;
- Are located in or visit Tacoma’s sister cities;
- Are developed in partnerships with two-year or four-year colleges and universities in the region.
Please note that a complete program proposal includes:
- Completed Faculty-led Program Proposal - please request at email@example.com
- Syllabus for each course,
- Program spending plan (budget) - please request at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Signed letter of agreement for each program instructor
- Signed letter of approval from academic department (home unit) of each program instructor