- Hold a master’s degree from a regionally-accredited college or university in the U.S. or its equivalent from a foreign institution.
- Have earned at least a 3.0 or B grade-point average in the most recent 45 credits of study.
- Have significant professional experience in a relevant field.
- For admission to the superintendent credential, candidates must possess either: (a) a principal credential, (b) a program administrator credential, or (c) significant executive leadership experience.
- P-12 candidates must be approved by employer for support of Practicum in year 2. For other candidates, potential Practicum setting(s) must be identified. You will be advised by faculty on site selection criteria prior to and after admission.
- Proficiency in English is required for graduate study at the University of Washington. Therefore, every applicant whose native language is not English must demonstrate English proficiency. No waivers of this English proficiency requirement may be given. Understanding the Application Process provides information for English language proficiency.
- Introduction to Statistics and Introduction to Research (or equivalent titles) must be completed prior to beginning the program. These may be from any accredited institution, traditional or online, with a minimum grade of 2.7. Statistics may be at the undergraduate or graduate level. Research must be at the graduate level (500 or above).
1. Courses must be completed by June 4, 2018, not at time of admission. Enrollment will be contingent upon the completion of both courses.
2. If prospective students believe they have taken a course that fulfills the course requirements, but it is unclear from the course title, they may email Ashley Walker, the Ed.D. Graduate Advisor, (email@example.com) a copy of the course description from the catalogue (or a copy of the syllabus), along with an unofficial transcript.
3. Review the 'How to Apply' section to learn about specific admissions steps.