Welcome to the University of Washington Tacoma!
This page is designed to help new faculty make a smooth transition into their new appointments and the UW Tacoma community.
Please use the resources you find here to learn about housing options, benefits, and more.
If you require further assistance regarding your appointment please contact Academic Human Resources.
Faculty How To...
Get help with . . .
Guiding Documents and Reports
- UW Tacoma Faculty Bylaws
- UW Tacoma Faculty Guide to the Budget
- UW Tacoma Faculty Handbook
- Resolution on Budgetary Priorities
- UW Policy Directory
- Faculty Code and Governance
- UW Bothell General Faculty Organization
- Education Program Bylaws
- Global Honors Council Bylaws
- Healthcare Leadership & Nursing Bylaws
- Institute of Technology Policies and Procedures
- Interdisciplinary Arts & Sciences School Bylaws
- Master In Cybersecurity And Leadership Bylaws
- Social Work Program Bylaws
- Academic Advising Center
- School of Interdisciplinary Arts & Sciences Advising, Academic Advising Center
- Equity and Diversity, Sharon Parker, Assistant Chancellor for Equity and Diversity
- Faculty Assembly Shared Governance, Ka Yee Yeung-Rhee, Faculty Assembly Chair, Marian Harris, Faculty Assemby Vice Chair
- Office of the Ombud, Chuck Sloane, University Ombud
- Preparing Your Syllabus, Nita McKinley, Associate Professor of Psychology
- TPSYCH 222 Example Syllabus, Lauren Montgomery, Senior Lecturer
- Responding to Student Writing, Asao Inoue, Director of University Writing and Kelvin Keown, English Language Consultant
- UW Tacoma Organization Chart
- UW NCFDD - Faculty Diversity
- Faculty & Staff Guide: FERPA
- Office of Student Success
- Student Conduct Code
- Student of Concern
- Faculty Library Resources
- Office of the Registrar
- Academic Human Resources
- Art on Campus
- Benefits & Work/Life
- Discounts for UW Faculty & Staff
- Faculty Assembly
- Faculty Fellows Program
- Faculty Resource Center
- Getting to Campus
- Information Technology
- Investing and Savings
- List of Lists
- University of Washington Faculty Code and Governance
- UW Tacoma Faculty Handbook
- UW Tacoma Library
- Violence Prevention
- City of Tacoma
- Housing Options
- Pierce County Chamber of Commerce
About UW Tacoma
- Learn about the UW system and our students, learning community, location and campus.
- About UW Tacoma
- Learn about the Food, Shopping, Activities, Services, Deals, Parking, and more information on the neighborhood surrounding UWT .
- UWTDowntown, a guide to the UW Tacoma neighborhood
Equity & Diversity
- The Office of Equity and Inclusion was created to help cultivate an institutional vision and commitment to diversity while ensuring an equitable environment for all members of the UW Tacoma community.
- Center for Equity & Inclusion
- Check the campus’s current status due to inclement weather. Find out what to do if classes are missed along with other additional safety information.
- Inclement Weather
- University of Washington Tacoma 1900 Commerce Street Tacoma, Washington 98402-3100
- Campus Map
- Printable Map
- Emergency Route Map
Mission, Value and Vision
- Learn what we mean by: UW Tacoma strives for Excellence, Community, Diversity, and Innovation.
- Mission, Value, and Vision
Safety and Security Office
- Location: Dougan 180 Phone: 692-4416, #333 from campus phones Available: 24 hours per day, 7 days per week
- Safety and Security Office
- What to do in an Emergency
- We are committed to a thriving local economy and social responsibility that, together, lead to quality of life now and for future generations.
- Whether you take the bus, ride your bike, carpool, walk, take the train, or use a park and ride, UW Tacoma is the place to be.
- See information for all those options here.
Note that part-time faculty are not eligible for the U-Pass (the UW bus pass)
- Discover what life is like at UW Tacoma. Campus is located in the heart of downtown. The city and the campus equally shape each other.
- Watch our YouTube channel for a real-life look and feel of UW Tacoma.
For futher questions, please ask your unit/school. Directory of all units and employees at UW Tacoma