12th Annual UW Tacoma Undergraduate Case Competition on CSR
Friday, January 26, 2018
The Milgard School of Business hosts an annual student case competition that is open to all undergraduate students at the University of Washington Tacoma. Teams of three or four students are given a case on Friday morning and have 72 hours to study, analyze, research and develop their solution and recommendations for a panel of judges. Teams have 10 minutes to present their recommendation, and 10 minutes to respond to questions from the judges.
Not from UWT? Go to the Milgard Invitational Case Competition page.
2018 Competition Dates for the UWT-only competition
- Fall quarter - Reserve 1 of the 9 team slots
- Tuesday, January 16 - Team registration deadline by 7:00 a.m.
- Friday, January 19 - Cases distributed at 8:00 a.m.
- Monday, January 22 - Teams' PPTs due by 8:00 a.m.
- Friday, January 26 - Presentations start at 12:30 p.m., followed by a reception and award ceremony later that afternoon
- FIRST: The first place team will receive $500 for each presenting team member. This team will also represent Milgard in the MICCSR Case Competition on Friday, March 2.*
- SECOND: $250 each team member
- THIRD: $125 each team member
* If the first place team is not able to represent Milgard in the MICCSR, the 2nd place team will be asked to be our representatives.
Examples of Past Cases
Past cases are available on the archives page (link in menu at left).