13th Annual UW Tacoma Undergraduate Case Competition on CSR
Friday, February 1, 2019
The Milgard School of Business hosts an annual student case competition that is open to all undergraduate students at the University of Washington Tacoma. Teams of three or four students are given a case on Friday morning and have 72 hours to study, analyze, research and develop their solution and recommendations for a panel of judges. Teams have 10 minutes to present their recommendation, and 10 minutes to respond to questions from the judges.
Not from UWT? Go to the Milgard Invitational Case Competition page.
2019 Competition Dates for the UWT-only competition
- Fall quarter - Reserve 1 of the 9 team slots
- Tuesday, January 15 - Team registration deadline by 7:00 a.m.
- Friday, January 25 - Cases distributed at 8:00 a.m.
- Monday, January 28 - Teams' PPTs due by 8:00 a.m.
- Friday, February 1 - Presentations start at 12:30 p.m., followed by a reception and award ceremony later that afternoon
- FIRST: The first place team will receive $500 for each presenting team member.
- SECOND: $250 each team member
- THIRD: $125 each team member
A team will be selected from team members from the three finalist teams to represent the Milgard School in the MICCSR Case Competition. Judges will be asked for their input on which team members should be considered for selection to that team.
Examples of Past Cases
Past cases are available on the archives page (link in menu at left).