7th Annual CSR Research Development Conference at UW Tacoma
July 14-15, 2016 – New Format!
Instead of attending a conference where you present your finished work, come to a conference designed to help you develop and refine a research project in process. Forget about looking polished and complete; instead bring your normal inquisitive, conversational, collaborative self. Engage in open dialogue with colleagues who want to contribute to your work and who seek your help doing the same with theirs.
Register today - roughly 1/3 of the 25 spaces remain
Here’s how the conference will work
Scholars interested in socially and environmentally responsible business will bring a project to discuss cooperatively. Expect to encounter scholars from a variety of disciplines with a wide range of topics and research methods. The value of coming together in a community is not technical: you will not necessarily be speaking with scholars who have studied the same topic or who have trained in the same discipline. Rather, the community will create an informal context to explore ideas, generate insights, and encourage each other to move forward with research. The conference will include individual thinking and writing time interspersed with small group discussions that challenge you to articulate your research question and to identify ways to develop answers. If we achieve our goal, you will leave the conference having advanced both your thinking and your writing.
- Research work-in-progress – any project from early stage development to almost-complete. We recommend you focus on a single project for the duration of the conference.
- A portable computing device loaded with data, articles, resources, and drafts for your project.
- A desire to advance your work and participate in a scholarly community
 Cognition scholar Dennis Gioia recommends always working on the project that is closest to completion, but it’s your choice!
The conference will:
- Provide space, Internet access and access to library resources
- Deliver inspiration, collaboration and motivation to advance your work
- Allow you to unapologetically focus on your own ideas while supporting others
- Support individual and group work in a format that is welcoming to extraverts and introverts
- Provide intellectual nourishment, social interaction, and healthy nutrition
- Limited to 25 participants
- Co-author teams highly encouraged
- No registration fee
- Lunches provided
Preliminary Conference Agenda
Thursday, July 14
Opening & Research Snapshots
Each researcher will, using a maximum of 3 PPT slides, provide a 5-minute overview of their research and potential directions
We will use this time to connect with colleagues whose research we found of interest, and informally develop and find affinity groups
Lunch & Speaker
Buffet lunch and comments from an experienced CSR academic researcher
Individual / Team research
Researchers will have access to University of Washington resources for pursuing research ideas
Gather and Debrief
Researchers regroup to discuss progress
Dinner on your own
Continue the conversations in small or large groups over dinner
Friday, July 15
|8–9 a.m.||Light Breakfast and Conversation|
|9–9:30 a.m.||Research Kick-Off|
|9:30 a.m.–noon||Individual / Team research|
|1:30–4 p.m.||Individual / Team research|
|4-5 p.m.||Regroup, Progress Update, and Conference Closure|
Attendance will be capped at 25 and is limited to academics actively working on research.