Because of the risk of damage to your vehicle, officers cannot assist with jump starting, lock-outs or flat tires. However, our officers can contact a service provider for you and stay with you until help arrives. Officers can be contacted by calling 253-692-4416, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
The only exception to this policy is if a child or animal is locked in a vehicle and the welfare of the child or animal is in jeopardy. In those cases, officers will use a "slim jim" tool to gain entry to the vehicle or other means necessary to gain access. The owner must sign a consent form/waiver for any resulting damages prior to service.
If you parked in one of the parking lots on campus:
Bill's Towing provides free service to all Diamond lots, Pinkerton Lot and Cragle parking lot on campus; just call 253-272-9393. They will assist at no charge with:
- Opening door, trunk, etc.
- Jump starting batteries
- Delivering fuel
- Changing/repairing flat tires
UW Tacoma lot locations that receive free motorist assistance from Bill's Towing:
- Cragle lot (21st and C Street)
- Lot WT31 (21st and Jefferson)
- Lot WT32 (19th and Fawcett)
- Lot WT44 (Market and 19th)
- Lot WT61 (Market and 17th)
- Lot WT40 (Court 17 Garage; enter from Court C and 17th)
- Lot P1 - Pinkerton (Broadway and 17th)
Towing and lock services for vehicles on public streets:
- AAA (membership required) – 1-800-AAA-HELP (1-800-222-4357)
- AG Towing – 253-222-3727
- Bill's Towing – 253-272-9393
- Fife Service and Towing – 253-922-8784
- Gene's Towing – 253-588-1757
- Liberty Towing – 253-565-1300
- Pop-A-Lock – 253-472-4855