Check your UW email regularly. All official communication from the university is sent only to your UW email address.
Before classes start:
Do the Paperwork
- Pay the New Student Enrollment and Orientation Fee: The NSEOF reserves your place at UW Tacoma. The $100 fee can be paid online. The fee should be paid within two weeks of receiving your offer.
- Proof of Immunization: All newly enrolled students are required to provide proof of measles (rubeola) immunity by submitting a Measles Immunity Verification form.
- Create your UW NetID: If you haven't already done so, create your UW NetID and setup your email account. Your NetID is required for orientation and registration.
- Submit a final transcript: You must request a final high school transcript from the high school registrar before high school graduation (and before school closes for the summer). Your transcript must include your final quarter grades and confirmation of your graduation. You must submit your final transcripts to UW Tacoma by July 1. If not received by July 1, a hold may be placed on your registration
Apply for Financial Aid
Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). To be considered for UW Tacoma scholarships, you must complete the FAFSA by January 15.
Apply for Housing
If you are interested in living on campus, you should complete the On-Campus Housing Application by May 1. Contact Housing & Residence Life if you have any questions.
Meet your Academic Advising Requirement
Take Placement Tests
Math placement testing helps you select a math course appropriate to your skill level in order to ensure your success. Learn more about placement tests and how to register for them here.
Register for Classes
After you've met your Academic Advising requirement, you can register for classes! Learn about class choices and when you can register here.
Register for Jump Start to Success
- As a first-time college student, you are required to meet with an academic advisor, you may need placement tests, you have to turn in transcripts and immunization records, figure out your financial aid package… there’s a lot to do! Jump Start to Success Days are designed to help you meet requirements, ask questions, get registered for classes, and get set up for a successful first quarter at UW Tacoma.
- To attend an Advising/Registration Workshop, you must register in advance here
- To attend a Math Placement Test on these days, register here
- PLEASE NOTE: Attending Jump Start to Success does not qualify as fulfilling your Husky Orientation Week requirement.
Attend Husky Orientation Week
- Husky Orientation Week (H.O.W.) is your academic and social orientation to the UW Tacoma and helps you transition to life as a new Husky. This is your chance to meet your new classmates, meet Peer Advisors, learn about UW Tacoma’s academic, social, and campus expectations, and to have fun
- First time in college students are required to attend Husky Orientation Week.
- H.O.W. Registration will open in May 2018. You will receive an email once registration is open at your UW email address.
- First time in college orientations will take place from 8am-3:40pm on Tuesday, 9/19 or Wednesday, 9/20. You are expected to attend for the entire day, so save the dates on your calendar now!
Ask your family to Register for Family Orientation
- We offer an orientation session for family members. You will receive an email invite encouraging your family to attend.
Get your Student I.D. Card
You will receive your Husky I.D. on your orientation date during Husky Orientation Week.
Buy Your Books