Need a business or personal item notarized?
UW Tacoma Fiscal Support services currently offers licensed notary services. Types of documents that may require notarization include: wills, trusts, deeds, contracts, and affidavits.
Why do documents need to be notarized?
A notary public acts as an impartial third-party witness to not only the signature of a document, but also that all parties who signed a document did so willingly and under their own free will.
Bring a valid government-issued photo ID that includes your physical description and signature. Your driver's license, state-issued ID card or passport will work.
- There is a $10 charge per stamp.
- If this is a UW related document, the fee will be charged directly to the department budget.
- If this is for personal use, pay at the Cashier's Window first.
- Cash, check or Visa/Mastercard are accepted. A 3% credit card processing fee is added to all credit/debit payments.
- Please remember to bring your receipt to your notary appointment.
Please note, Washington state law requires that all documents must contain a Notarial Certificate in order to be notarized. See example below:
Schedule an Appointment
Contact Galen Guffy, our resident licensed and bonded notary.