The Childcare Assistance Program at UW Tacoma offers students with dependents financial assistance to cover the cost of childcare (ages: birth - 12 years and 11 months) while attending classes. Students who apply and meet the eligibility requirements will receive financial assistance on a quarterly basis. The program is offered Autumn through Spring. Funding for Summer Quarter is not available.
The Childcare Assistance Program is available on a first-come, first-served basis. Spaces are limited and fill quickly. The application will be available September 10 each year and will remain open until the last day of Spring Quarter. A waitlist will become available should all spaces become filled. The application is valid for the academic year (Autumn – Spring) — students do not need to re-apply every quarter.
Students who qualify may receive $400 or $600 per quarter, depending on enrollment status. Funds disbursements are on a per-family basis.
This program is made possible by UW Tacoma's Services and Activities Fee.
- 2018-2019 applications will be available Sep 10th, 2018 through the end of spring quarter of 2019.
- Mandatory for all CAP applicants – CAP Orientation Saturday, Sep 29th, 2018 from 12pm-2pm, CAP orientation Wednesday, Oct from 3rd 2018 5pm-7pm Location: University YMCA ROOM 303
- Summer funding is not offered. All previous program participants must re-apply.
- Child Watch Pilot Program application please click here.
- For questions about the Child Watch Pilot Program please email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit MAT 103.