Students and Alumni
Walk-ins (15 minute sessions on a drop-in basis)
Career Prep Consultants are peer educators with training and experience to assist students and alumni with the following services:
- Resume critiques
- Cover letter writing
- LinkedIn basics
- Job search assistance
- Interview tips
We are open during summer! Feel free to schedule an appointment.
Appointments (45 minute sessions with a Career Specialist)
Appointments can be made online for one-on-one career counseling sessions and mock interviewsIf you have been working with a Career Specialist and would like another appointment with the same person, or would like to learn more about our staff:
Student Workshop Requests
Are you interested in having Career Development present a workshop for your class, organization, program or event?
- Workshops can be requested by ANY current UW Tacoma student
- Please make workshop requests at least 2 weeks in advance
- There must be a minimum of 6 participants to request a workshop
- Workshops are 1 hour in length and can be held:
- Monday-Friday from 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. (Exceptions will be made for evening class requests.)
- To request a workshop, please email: email@example.com or call 253-692-4421.
If you are interested in connecting with the UW Tacoma campus, Career Development is here to provide ways for you to engage with our students and promote your brand to enhance your recruiting efforts.
Visit the Employer Resource Web page for information about our services and feel free to contact our Assistant Director, Dawn Williams, or call our front desk at 253-692-4421 for more information.