The mission of the Milgard School of Business is to offer high quality undergraduate and graduate education for citizens of the state of Washington, especially in the South Puget Sound region. We are committed to the development of inspired business leaders prepared to take on today’s complex challenges regionally, nationally, and globally while promoting social responsibility. This mission entails advancing student knowledge via innovative teaching methods, disseminating relevant scholarship that enhances our reputation, and cultivating dynamic, collaborative relationships with external business and academic communities.
We are an accessible, collaborative team of faculty and staff committed to a student-oriented learning environment, excellent scholarship and strong community partnerships.
- Communication Skills
- Students will effectively present ideas orally and in writing.
- Quantitative Analysis
- Students will be able to use quantitative reasoning to solve business problems.
- Financial Skills
- Students will understand financial theories and methods, including financial reporting, analysis, and markets.
- Strategic Thinking
- Students will be able to think critically, diagnose organizational problems, and design effective solutions.
- Ethics and Business in Society
- Students will be able to identify ethical standards and evaluate the societal implications of business decisions.
- Global Awareness
- Students will be able to understand the global environment of business decisions.
- Students will be able to work effectively within an interdependent group to achieve common goals.
- Students will be able to utilize technology to formulate business solutions.
- Students will be able to communicate professionally in organizational settings and deal with others in a manner that displays integrity and personal credibility.
Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration (BABA) options of study:
- General Business
Master of Accounting (MAcc)
Master of Business Administration (MBA)
Master of Science in Business Analytics (MSBA)
Master of Cybersecurity & Leadership (MCL) offered jointly with the Institute of Technology
We are actively engaged in enhancing student learning with excellent and innovative teaching. We maintain and strengthen a student-oriented learning environment in which faculty and staff are accessible to students, responsive to their interests, and engaged with the student experience.
We respect the contributions our faculty members make in basic, applied and pedagogical scholarship. We appreciate that as individual faculty member's careers advance, their research interests and emphasis will evolve.
We build upon and extend our strong partnerships with the communities we serve.
Faculty and staff work in collaboration to advance excellent teaching and scholarship. Staff is integral and vital in making collaborative contributions that enhance the overall learning environment.
The Milgard School of Business at the University of Washington Tacoma has earned accreditation by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), as determined by the Board of Directors of AACSB International. AACSB was founded in 1916, AACSB International is the longest serving global accrediting body for business schools that offer bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees in business and accounting.