Admission to the Master of Nursing program is competitive and based on acceptance by the UW Graduate School and the Nursing program at the University of Washington Tacoma. The following are required:
- A baccalaureate degree from an ACEN- (formerly NLN) or CCNE-accredited nursing program with a minimum grade-point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale for the last 90 graded quarter credits (or 60 semester credits).
- Completion of a three-credit basic course in descriptive and inferential statistics with a grade of at least 2.0 on a 4.0 scale. Find an approved statistics course.
- Current unrestricted Washington state RN license.
- All applicants are requred to complete a criminal background check with acceptable results using an online service, Verified Credentials, Inc. (Please be aware there is a fee for this service.) For examples of offenses that would result in individuals being ineligible for the program, see the Department of Social and Health Services Secretary's List of Crimes and Negative Actions. Contact the Program Director for additional information.
- Read and agree to adhere to the Essential Behaviors for Admission, Continuation and Graduation and Social Networking Policy.
|Quarter||Online Application||Supplemental Materials|
|Autumn||Jul 15||Aug 1|
|Winter||Nov 15||Dec 1|
|Spring||Feb 15||Mar 1|
|Summer||Not available||Not available|
Questions? Advisor Dannah Madden would like to help! Please contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org or 253-692-4471.