The BSN application requires a number of materials, which are detailed in the BSN Program Application and Supplemental Kit (BSN Kit).
Important note: In addition to the required forms, applicants must submit a current résumé and a very specific personal essay! See the BSN Program Application and Supplemental Kit below for complete instructions.
COMPLETE PROGRAM APPLICATION
BSN APPLICANT ESSAY INSTRUCTIONS
Write about your personal and professional experiences. Your essay should be no more than two pages, typed and double spaced with a 12-point font. The essay should be an example of your ability to communicate effectively in writing. Please address ALL of the following areas as they pertain to you:
- Leadership, achievements and accomplishments
- Perseverance in the face of adversity
- Experience in diverse communities or disadvantaged populations
- Special skills and experience (bilingual, international travel, research)
- Reasons for pursuing a BSN, expectations and outcomes desired for your educational experience and future educational or professional goals.
BSN applicants must also submit a UW Tacoma Transfer Student Application and an official transcript for every college/university attended (even if no credits were earned). See the Office of Admissions website for more information.