|Quarter before student begins fieldwork
- E-mail sent to MN line about planning fieldwork.
- Students complete Student Survey for Advanced Fieldwork form indicating interests, site, and fieldwork facilitator of choice and sends to fieldwork coordinator.
- Student obtains committee chair (or curriculum option faculty) approval for fieldwork placement.
- Fieldwork coordinator confirms with student’s chair or curriculum option faculty about the appropriateness of the placement.
- Fieldwork coordinator contacts sites (e-mail and phone; sometimes a personal visit may be conducted) and confirms with fieldwork facilitator; confirms active affiliation agreement in place.
- Clinical clearances are completed PRIOR to student receiving entry code for course; UW Tacoma Nursing Program staff manage this.
|Five weeks before fieldwork quarter begins
- Fieldwork coordinator sends letters to the site confirming and introducing course faculty
- Student sets up a time to meet with committee chair or curriculum option faculty to discuss learning objectives and potential activities.
- Student obtains confirmation from committee chair or curriculum option faculty (e-mail) approval for placement and objectives and forwards to fieldwork coordinator and TNURS 503 course faculty.
- Course faculty compiles packet of information on each student, including:
- Student’s interest form
- Letter sent to site
- List of fieldwork facilitators
- Students’ fieldwork files are located in Nursing program office.
|Week before through the first week of the quarter
||Course faculty contacts fieldwork facilitator by phone or e-mail to check-in and reconfirm placement.
|Week 5 of the quarter
||Course faculty checks in with fieldwork facilitator. Site visits are always welcomed but may be difficult to arrange.
|Week 9-10 of quarter
- Course faculty sends thank-you letter and evaluation form to the fieldwork facilitator. Include self-addressed stamped envelope for facilitator to return the form by end of Week 10 of the quarter; if student is using the same site for both quarters of fieldwork, the letter may be delayed until week 10 of the second quarter of fieldwork. (NOTE: there are now different forms for Nurse Educators, Clinical Nurse Leaders, and community or leadership).
- Course faculty has students complete site evaluations(see sample and available on S:drive.)
|After quarter ends
||Student folders given to staff to be filed in the Nursing program office.