The 2019 Healthcare Leadership Application is Open!
Healthcare Leadership admits students in autumn quarter only. The application deadline is March 15, those submitting after the deadline will be considered on a space-available basis only. Completed applications will be assured of a review. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
Prospective Healthcare Leadership students should review the program's admission requirements prior to applying.
Currently enrolled UW Tacoma students may direct questions to the Healthcare Leadership Program (253.692.4470 or firstname.lastname@example.org)
Prospective UW Tacoma students should direct questions to an admissions advisor prior to applying.
If you have any questions about the application process or encounter technical difficulties, please contact Jessica Immerman by email or at 253.692.4477.
Apply online for the Healthcare Leadership Program, completing these steps in order:
- Apply to UW-Tacoma as a Transfer Student.
- Set up your UW NetID. Establishing a UW NetID will allow you to work on parts of your application and return to your most recently saved application. Click HERE for the instructions to set up your UW NetID.
- Complete the HCL Application and Supplemental Materials Kit Online.
CURRENT UW TACOMA STUDENT
Apply online for the Healthcare Leadership Program:
Complete the HCL Application and Supplemental Materials Kit Online.
RETURNING UW TACOMA STUDENT
Complete the Returning Student Application through ApplyWeb.
IMPORTANT: supplemental materials may be required to complete your applicaiton. Contact the Healthcare Leadership Program for additional information in order to be considered for admission.
- Read the international student undergraduate admissions page and checklist.
- Complete the appropriate application through ApplyWeb.
- Submit official transcripts, translations, and course-by-course evaluation (if required) as described in the "International transfer application checklist."
- After applying to the University, complete the HCL Program Application and Supplemental Materials Kit
- International students will find additional support from International Student and Scholar Services.
All newly admitted Healthcare Leadership students must complete a CastleBranch online criminal background with acceptable results. (Please be aware there is a fee for this service.) For examples of offenses that would result in individuals being ineligible for the program, see the Department of Social and Health Services Secretary's List of Crimes and Negative Actions. Contact the Program Director for additional information. Acceptable results on the background check is a condition of admission.
Continuing Healthcare Leadership students must maintain a CastleBranch background check with acceptable results completed within the past 24 months throughout their enrollment in the major. Continuing students will be asked to renew their background checks biennially until they graduate. Additional documentation (including a repeated criminal background check) may be required prior to enrolling in THLEAD 480/Healthcare Leadership Fieldwork.