|Quarter||Online Application||Supplemental Materials|
|Autumn||Jul 15||Aug 1|
|Winter||Nov 15||Dec 1|
|Spring||Feb 15||Mar 1|
|Summer||Not available||Not available|
Remember, several items are required to complete your application, and items such as transcripts and letters of reference often take several weeks to arrive. NOTE: Your application will not be reviewed for admission until all materials have been received.
Applying for admission to the Master of Nursing program is a two-part process requiring application to the University of Washington Graduate School and submission of required supplemental materials to the Master of Nursing program.
Step One: Apply to the UW Graduate School
Complete the online UW Graduate School application. Print a copy of the online application for your signature and submit to the UW Tacoma MN program as described in Step Two below.
Step Two: Submit Official Transcripts and Supplemental Materials
- Submit one official transcript from every college attended directly to the UW Tacoma Nursing.
- Send a printed and signed copy of online UW Graduate School application to UW Tacoma Nursing.
- IF any of the following items were submitted during the online UW Graduate School application process (e.g. résumé, letters of recommendation, UW School of Nursing Background Check form or statement of goals), you need not submit them for a second time. If any of the supplemental materials listed below were not submitted online, they must be sent directly to UW Tacoma Nursing.
- Three references: one academic, one professional from a clinical nursing supervisor who can attest to your competence as a registered nurse, and one other from any source (only if they were not submitted online)
- A current résumé (only if you did not submit one online with your application)
- Statement of goals to address the following (only if they were not submitted online):
- Your essay is meant to convey information about why you are pursuing a graduate nursing degree, why you are choosing your desired area of study, and how your graduate experience is necessary for reaching your professional goals.
- Review the UW Tacoma Master of Nursing "Philosophy of Graduate Education" and "Conceptual Framework for Graduate Education." Use this information to brainstorm ideas and identify the fit between yourself and the program philosophy.
- Identify the MN study option you are intending to pursue.
- Discuss your unique attributes and background and how these contribute to your understanding and goals in nursing.
- Avoid outlines and lists. You will be evaluated in part on your ability to communicate effectively in writing.
- The maximum length of the essay should not exceed three pages, typewritten and double spaced, using a 12-point font.
- School of Nursing Background Check form (Only if they were not submitted online): Complete this interactive PDF form by providing requested information in the spaces provided. Print, sign and submit to UW Tacoma MN program.