Faculty interested in seeking funding for their research are encouraged to make an appointment with the Office Of Research at UW Tacoma to discuss their research goals and funding sources. The following list of funding sources is not comprehensive, but is meant to be a starting point in seeking funding.
The University of Washington has several internal programs to support faculty research.
- UW Royalty Research Fund
- UW Undergraduate Research Program
- UW Simpson Center for the Humanities
- Institute for Translational Health Sciences
- Life Sciences Discovery Fund
- Office of the Superintendent for Public Instruction - iGrants
- Department of Ecology (at the bottom of the page)
- City of Tacoma Public Works
- Unified Federal Grant Site
- National Science Foundation
- Department of Education
- National Endowment for the Humanities
- National Institutes of Health
- UW Tacoma Office of Advancement
Manages relationships with private donors and foundations. Funding from private sources can be a gift or a grant. In the case of a gift, the Office of Research would not be involved, but in the case of a grant, please contact us to discuss the funding plan.
- The UW Tacoma Library provides a circulating collection of grant-writing resources and is a cooperating collection of the Foundation Center (Foundation Directory On-line). Please visit the UW Tacoma Library site to learn how to use this database of information about foundations and their funding.
- Greater Tacoma Community Foundation