Office of Research
Main page content
As an urban-serving university, the UW Tacoma aims to "foster scholarship, research, and creativity to address the challenging problems of our time and place." In its 2016 Strategic Plan, the UW Tacoma identifies as a key priority to "expand and support a range of research, scholarship and creative activity."
To serve these ends, the Office of Research works with campus partners to:
- Raise the profile of research, scholarship, and creative activities across the campus and in the community;
- Assist UW Tacoma faculty to pursue externally sponsored research funding;
- Promote the professional development of faculty through workshops that help faculty in all aspects of their research, scholarship, and creative activities;
- Support student research experiences
- Help the faculty to partner with public agencies and community groups in the mutual pursuit of publicly-engaged scholarship.
- Join us for our Grants Resource Center Day, Thurs. Oct 18th and 19th. Learn more and register here
- Get up-to-date on Office of Research news and events from our quarterly Office of Research Roundup
- Learn about Office of Research initiatives and faculty activities over the past fiscal year in our recently-released FY2018 Annual Report
- Slides from our recent "Statistics Refresher Course for Faculty" now available here.