How to declare a minor

Declare a minor by completing the Request to Declare/Change a Major or Minor form and submitting it to the Office of the Registrar. You must have earned a minimum of 45 credits and declared a major before declaring a minor. If you have any questions about this process, please see your advisor.

Education minor

Completing the Education minor will help you understand the role and responsibilities of classroom teachers and career opportunities in educational settings. In this program, you will:

  • Develop broad perspectives on educational issues in today's world
  • Work closely with professors, teachers and others interested in education and schooling
  • Get hands-on experience in a public classroom setting

Social Science Research Methods minor

The Social Science Research Methods minor focuses on social science research methods and statistical analysis. Students who complete this minor will be prepared to:

To request changes to this page, please contact Christie Keifer at keifercm@uw.edu.