The Advisory Council is a group of diverse individuals who are interested in the support and development of social work and criminal justice education at the University of Washington Tacoma.
Responsibilities are as follows:
- Promote the program’s mission and goals to the broader community.
- Provide external perspective and review as well as advocacy and support for programs, strategic direction, and overall objectives.
- Engage in fundraising and make recommendations regarding utilization of external funds raised for the program.
- Assist with expanding the program’s reach with its alumni, creating a larger financial base for the program.
- Provide advisement on current and future trends and needs for the program.
- Work collaboratively with the program director and faculty to promote the program’s focus on quality, cutting-edge education, research, and community engagement.