Online CJ | Admission Requirements
The UW Tacoma Social Work Program now offers a fully online Criminal Justice major.
The Criminal Justice degree offers a multidisciplinary understanding of crime and justice within the framework of broader social processes within our society. The program examines all major aspects of the justice system from an ecological systems approach rather than a specialization in one narrow content area. The curriculum provides a theoretical understanding of the discipline, combined with an understanding of the scientific method as it applies to criminal justice.
The online Criminal Justice (CJ) degree completion program follows the same curriculum and major requirements as the on-campus CJ major. All 65 credits required for the major will be available online, alongside other online UW courses to help fulfill degree requirements.
► Questions? Email us at email@example.com!
To be considered for admission, applicants must:
- Be in the process of admission to the UW Tacoma campus, or a current UW Tacoma student. Remember, the online CJ major admits Autumn Quarter only.
- Have a minimum 2.0 cumulative GPA.
- Have completed at least 90 transferable college-level credits by the time of enrollment in the program.
- Have completed the following prerequisite courses with at least a 2.0 grade in each course:
- Introductory course in political science/American government
- Introductory or survey course in sociology
- 5 credits of English Composition
Applicants will be evaluated on the following criteria:
- Completion of all prerequisite requirements
- Previous academic history
- Personal goal statement describing your interest in criminal justice