Online CJ | Admission Requirements
The UW Tacoma Social Work and Criminal Justice Program now offers a fully online Criminal Justice major.
The Criminal Justice degree offers a multidisciplinary understanding of crime and justice within the framework of broader social processes within our society. The program examines all major aspects of the justice system from an ecological systems approach rather than a specialization in one narrow content area. The curriculum provides a theoretical understanding of the discipline, combined with an understanding of the scientific method as it applies to criminal justice.
Applicants will be evaluated on the following criteria:
- Completion of all prerequisite requirements
- Previous academic history
- Personal goal statement describing your interest in criminal justice
Please note, the Online Criminal Justice major admits students in Autumn Quarter only.
To be considered for admission, applicants must:
- Be in the process of admission to the UW Tacoma campus (including completion of intermediate algebra requirement), or a current UW Tacoma student. Remember, the online CJ major admits Autumn Quarter only.
- Have a minimum 2.0 cumulative GPA.
- Transfer applicants must have a minimum cumulative 2.0 GPA in all transfer coursework.
- Current UW students who seek to either declare or change their major to criminal justice or criminal justice online must have a minimum cumulative 2.0 GPA in all UW coursework and be in good standing with the university.
- Have completed at least 90 UW or transferable college-level credits by the time of enrollment in the program.
- Have completed the following prerequisite courses with at least a 2.0 (C) grade in each course:
- Introductory course in political science/American government
- Introductory or survey course in sociology
- 5 credits of English Composition
The online Criminal Justice (CJ) degree completion program follows the same curriculum and major requirements as the on-campus CJ major. All 65 credits required for the major will be available online, alongside other online UW courses to help fulfill degree requirements.
► Questions? Email us at email@example.com!
► Subscribe to our mailing list for upcoming deadlines, events, and opportunities:
Criminal Justice Mailing List
► Autumn 2017 priority application deadline: March 15, 2017
We are currently continuing to accept new Criminal Justice applications on a space-available basis. Please apply as soon as possible to ensure admission consideration for Autumn 2017.