Student organizations utilize students' energies, aptitudes and knowledge to enhance opportunities for student learning and service. If you want to get involved or learn more, visit the Student Engagement website to review a list of registered student organizations.
Phi Alpha (ΦΑ) Honor Society
The Social Work Program at the University of Washington Tacoma established the Xi Pi Chapter of Phi Alpha, a national honor society for social work students, in 2006. Dr. Claudia Sellmaier and Dr. JaeRan Kim are the faculty advisors.
Scholarships for Social Work Students
Visit our scholarship page to learn more about scholarship opportunities for BASW students!
Sign up for the Social Welfare email list
UWTBASW is an electronic mailing list for current BASW students. This email list will provide you with reminders of upcoming deadlines, registration information, job and internship opportunities, special events, graduation information and more. Once admitted to the BASW Program, students are automatically subscribed to the listserv, prior to the quarter of admission.
Advising and degree planning
You are encouraged to use the online Degree Audit Reporting System (DARS) to check on progress toward your degree. DARS is a useful tool but it should not replace one-on-one degree planning with an advisor.
- For quick advising questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Advising appointments are scheduled online at http://tacoma.uw.edu/advising.
- View the Academic Advising Center's collection of resources:
Registration and courses
Information technology assistance
Student handbook, conduct, and policies
- 2018 BASW Program Manual
- 2017 BASW Program Manual
- 2016 BASW Program Manual
- 2015 BASW Program Manual
- 2014 BASW Program Manual
- 2013 BASW Program Manual
- 2012 BASW Program Manual
- 2011 BASW Program Manual
- Academic calendar
- Academic honesty
- Professional Standards Committee
- Professional Standards Committee referral form
- Grading policies
- Undergraduate grading scale
- Inclement weather policy
- Essential Skills, Values and Standards of Professional Conduct for Admission to and Continuance in the School of Social Work
- Student Conduct Code