Student organizations utilize students' energies, aptitudes and knowledge to enhance opportunities for student learning and service. If you want to get involved or learn more, visit the Student Involvement website to review a list of registered student organizations such as Student Social Work Organization (SSWO) or Voices for Planned Parenthood (VOX) to name just a few.
Phi Alpha (ΦΑ) Honor Society
The Social Work Program at the University of Washington Tacoma established the Xi Pi Chapter of Phi Alpha, a national honor society for social work students, in 2006. Dr. Marian Harris is the faculty advisor. The 2014-15 application cycle is now closed. The 2015-16 application materials will be available on January 4, 2016, with an application deadline of February 29, 2016.
Scholarships for Social Work Students
Visit our scholarship page to learn more about scholarship opportunities for BASW students!
Sign up for the Social Welfare email list
UWTBASW is an electronic mailing list for BASW students. This email list will provide you with reminders of upcoming deadlines, registration information, job and internship opportunities, special events, graduation information and more.
Advising and degree planning
You are encouraged to use the online Degree Audit Reporting System (DARS) to check on progress toward your degree. DARS is a useful tool but it should not replace one-on-one degree planning with an advisor.
- For quick advising questions, email email@example.com.
- Advising appointments are scheduled online at http://tacoma.uw.edu/advising.
Registration and courses
- Registration guide
- Getting an entry code
- Tuition rates and payment
- Academic Advising Center resources
Information technology assistance
Student handbook, conduct, and policies
- 2015 BASW Program Manual
- 2014 BASW Program Manual
- 2013 BASW Program Manual
- 2012 BASW Program Manual
- 2011 BASW Program Manual
- Academic calendar
- Academic honesty
- Conflict Resolution and Behavioral Review Committee
- Conflict Resolution and Behaviroal Review Committee referral form
- Grading policies
- Undergraduate grading scale
- Inclement weather policy
- Essential Skills, Values and Standards of Professional Conduct for Admission to and Continuance in the School of Social Work
- Student Conduct Code