Logging into the site:
- You will receive an email when you have been granted access to the UW Study Abroad application system.
- Go to the Study Abroad homepage.
- Select “UW Log In” from the upper-right-hand of the navigation menu.
- Click “UW LOG IN” and log in using your UW Net ID and password.
- If you have difficulties logging in, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The top of the page should say “Administration : Home.” This is your administrative homepage.
- If you do not see that header, click the little house in the upper left-hand corner and select “Administrative.”
From your administrative homepage you can:
- Access student applications
- Access shared queries and reports
- Create/save your own searches (queries)
- Export program/application information
- View and complete student recommendations
Accessing your applications:
- Log into your account.
- Click on “Applicants” in the black bar at the top of the page, then click on “Advanced Search”
- Click on “Application Parameters,” “Program Parameters,” and “Applicant Parameters.” Then click next at the bottom of the page.
- Choose the correct quarter in the “Applicant Cycles” section. For this search I’ve chosen “summer quarter 2018”
- Choose “check all” in the “Application Status” section
- Choose your program in the “Programs & Locations” section. In the example I’ve chosen the UWT Vietnam: Identity and Place in Writing program.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click “search”
- Your page will look like the one below with the list of students. Before looking at the student info, go down to the “Save Search Query” section and save the search as whatever you want. Then, once you go back to your homepage, this search will be saved on your homepage. It will automatically update if more students apply.
Reviewing Completed Applications:
Study Abroad Program Directors may review applications, but should not change a student’s status or accept them to their program. Each student must go through a conduct check, which the Office of Global Affairs initiates, and students may not be accepted until after this process is completed. We do not accept students on a rolling basis anda students will not be accepted to study abroad programs until after the application deadline.
- Log into your account.
- Click on your saved application query on your homepage.
- Click on the “Progress Audit” tab, then click on “Pre Decision.”
- Check off all the boxes in the Progress Audition Options, except for “Scholarship awarded for this program” and “Reviews.”
- You will be taken to the Progress Audit page, which will show you which items students have completed.
- In order for students to be accepted to study abroad, they must have completed all the items that need to be checked off, as well as a recommendation. These boxes will be automatically checked off as students complete each requirement. If the recommendation is completed it will read 1/1 (or sometimes 2/1 if a student has received two recommendations). The circled example is the only completed application in this section.
Program directors must make admissions decisions within 12 calendar days of the application deadline. This is important both for confirming the program will run and for aligning the applicaton process with our scholarhship process.
After the application deadline, program directors will receive an email from the Office of Global Affairs asking them which students they want to accept. The email will contain an attached spreadsheet listing all the students who have completed applications. These are the only students that program directors should be reviewing. Program directors are asked to complete the "acceptance decision" column in the spreadsheet and then email it back to the Office of Global Affairs. OGA will then send an official acceptance email to those students who have bee accepted. Program directors cannot change a students' status to "accepted" nor should they email the student about their acceptance decision before the Office of Global Affairs has done so.