The UW Tacoma Office of Global Affairs (OGA), generously funded by the Bamford Foundation, will provide at least ten $1,000 scholarships to students participating in study abroad programs in summer, early fall, and autumn quarter 2019.
The application deadline for summer, early fall, and autumn quarter study abroad is February 15, 2019.
- Be a currently enrolled University of Washington Tacoma undergraduate or graduate student in good academic standing;
- Have applied or plan to apply to a UW Tacoma study abroad program; proof of program acceptance is required prior to award disbursement, but not at the time of application.
- Students who receive the OGA Study Abroad Scholarship are required to share their study abroad experience with the campus community by supporting OGA programs such as Study Abroad outreach events and our Global Ambassadors program.
- Clear connection between the applicant’s academic interests, professional goals, and the study abroad program.
- Clearly articulated understanding of the potential impact of the study abroad experience.
- Students participating in UW Tacoma study abroad programs.
- Students who have not yet studied abroad are especially encouraged to apply.
- Statement of Purpose Essay. In 500 words or less, please address the following questions:
- Why did you chose this program/country and how is it related to your current course of study?
- What connections do you see between this study abroad program and your future goals (academic, personal and/or professional)?
- A brief description of your study abroad program, including where you will go and what you will study.
- Statement of Financial Need. Briefly explain (in 50 words or less) if you have financial need for your study abroad program.
- Service Project Essay. In 200 words or less, please explain how you will help inspire other UW Tacoma students to pursue study abroad or other global learning opportunities.
- Students receive scholarship funding two weeks before their program fees are due.
- Summer 2019 recipients receive funding by June 28, 2019.
- Early Fall and Autumn 2019 recipients receive funding by September 27, 2019.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.