The Teaching and Learning Center offers its services to all UW students, with priority given to currently enrolled UW Tacoma students. Students who use the TLC facilities and services are expected to follow the UW's Student Conduct Code. TLC staff may ask users to leave if they create conditions that impede the work of students or staff.
- The Quantitative Center primarily supports the instruction of UW Tacoma curricula; limited resources prevent us from routinely providing support to courses outside UWT. Students of UW Tacoma who are also enrolled at other campuses or colleges should first check with us to see if we can support instruction in their non-UWT courses.
- In the Writing Center, applicants to the University of Washington may access TLC services and resources to work on their application materials. Recent graduates may access services for applications related to graduate programs, fellowships, and job-seeking (e.g. resumes, cover letters, etc.).
QSS offers drop-in tutoring only. One exception is for SPSS projects, when you can schedule an appointment with Instructional Consultant Su-Miao Lai.
- You must check in at the front desk by swiping your student ID each time you visit the TLC.
- Drop-in sessions are on a first-come, first-served basis. During peak times, you may have to wait for a tutor to become available.
Make an appointment or drop in
- Make your appointment or visit the TLC during the day without an appointment for a drop-in consultation.
- Fill out all of the required information--instructor, course number, and what you would like to work on.
- You are allowed to schedule or drop-in for up to 3 hours of consultations per week, with a daily limit of 50 minutes, including eTutoring and drop-in consultations.
- Drop-in sessions are on a first-come, first-served basis. During peak times, you may have to wait for a consultant to become available.
Canceling an appointment
- Advanced notice of cancelations are appreciated, not only by staff but other students who would like to use this limited resource.
- Please call 253-692-4417 or use the online system if you need to cancel an appointment.