Writing Center Consultation Policies (updated January, 2018)
- Students can drop in, or make an appointment for a consultation in person or via asynchronous eTutoring.
- Each student has a weekly limit of three total scheduled hours and a daily limit of 50 minutes. Any combination of 25 or 50 minute appointments is acceptable, so long as neither limit is exceeded. The scheduling system will prevent users from scheduling beyond these limits.
- A group of students working together on a shared writing project is limited to one 50-minute consultation per day.
- Fill out all of the required information--instructor, course number, and what you would like to work on.
- Make your appointment at least one hour prior to the appointment time, or visit the TLC during the day without an appointment for a drop-in consultation.
- Drop-in sessions are on a first-come, first-served basis. During peak times, you may have to wait for a consultant to become available.
- A missed appointment counts toward a student's weekly limit. For example, if you miss a 1-hour appointment on Monday, you may still schedule or drop-in for up to two hours (in 25 or 50-minute sessions) during the remainder of the week.
On occasions when students cannot keep an appointment for any reason (e.g. illness, change in plans), we request that students cancel that appointment to make that time available to another student.
- Please call 253-692-4417 or use the online system if you need to cancel an appointment.