We seek to instill in students an understanding of and appreciation for the complexity and diversity of the urban environment and urban trends across the globe. A concern for social justice and the quality of life in cities are cornerstones of the Urban Studies program. Located on the Pacific Rim, we also are committed to fostering a global perspective among our students.
The Urban Studies program offers two undergraduate degrees, a minor and a certificate program.
- Sustainable Urban Development (Bachelor of Arts)
- Urban Studies (Bachelor of Arts)
- Urban Studies (minor)
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS) certificate
Learn more about UW Tacoma
- Campus tours are offered Monday - Friday at 3 p.m. starting in Mattress Factory 206.
- UW Tacoma offers open houses, college visits and other special events throughout the year for prospective students.
- Admission advisers in Admission Advising and Outreach can help match your interests to the appropriate program of study, assist you in successfully navigating the application process, and direct you to useful campus resources such as financial aid. They can also review your transcripts and let you know if additional coursework is necessary for admission.